Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner Bending Workout
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gert1973
Original lesson: Beginner Bending Workout by Darius Wave

Hi GMC, More than 6 months ago I started this lesson and have practiced it almost daily. Bending technique was a totally new skill for me to learn. If you're interested in my progress, just check the first take in my tread in the practice room. Just a warning if you intend to listen to that take... if you might have some cats in the neighborhood, they will be scared away :) I thank Monica for the great guidance and support in the journey of this lesson. And look forward to a continuation of our collaboration! So I proudly present my REC take...

Monica Gheorghevici
Hi Gert!

This is one of the most challenging lessons from this level of difficulty and has a lot of details but you succeeded in doing an amazing work (judging after the fact that you started playing guitar 9 months ago).

You already know my thoughts about this take. There are a few bends which don't have a perfect pitch. Of course, we talk about a few cents below or above the correct pitch. I know that at this moment, you can't detect these tiny differences and it's understandable to not be able to fix something that you can’t hear yet. Don't worry, in time and with practice, we will train your ear.

As for timing, the bend from 0:45 is played a bit late.

Even if it's not perfect, your take has a charm. I'm very proud of you and I'm impressed by your discipline and patience. You get a 7 from me.

Keep up your amazing work! smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Gert - your progress is nothing short of remarkable! You and Monica are a power duo!!

There are few moments of off-pitch here - but this lesson is presented as a beginner friendly bending lesson (which it is). And your current level of pitch accuracy is way above what one would expect from 9 months of playing.

Congratulations - it's a 9 from me! 🤩
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.