Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drum Parts For One Of My Songs
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Storm Linnebjerg
Just thought I'd share this. I usually write drum parts in Guitar Pro, export the midi and then import it into Reaper. I then use Superior Drummer 3 for the sound. I think it was a pre-mixed pre-set that I bought from DevelopDevice, but I've then changed it a lot.

For this, instead of importing the midi directly from Guitar Pro, I think I clicked in every note, and manually did velocity, timing etc. By no means final product, but thought I'd share it.

PosterBoy
I don't have the patience or skill to program like that. I tend to get as close as possible with midi loops using Ezdrummer 3 and then edit if I'm being anal.
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 27 2023, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have the patience or skill to program like that. I tend to get as close as possible with midi loops using Ezdrummer 3 and then edit if I'm being anal.

Yeah, I program from scratch, but depending on the project I will just write it in Guitar Pro first, which is quicker for me. I've always felt like the pre-made loops emd up how I want them - or I have to edit too much that it hardly makes sense anyway.

Here's a Guitar Pro 8 (and I think 7 opens it as well) of the drums:
Click to view attachment

And just for the sake of it, the full song:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.